The 2020 Cool Ideas Cradle Mountain Trophy
Welcome to the 11th edition of the most popular 2-day mountain biking stage race in Gauteng - The Cool Ideas Cradle Mountain Trophy.
This two-day mountain biking event always promises to be an exhilarating experience and will take place over the weekend of 4th and 5th of April 2020.
This is without a doubt the most popular, engaging and spectacular 2-day event in and around Gauteng.
The beauty of this event is that it takes place at Maropeng in the heart of The Cradle of Humankind, so there is no long drive to the start. And the weekend caters for riders of all abilities – offering distances from 75km, 45km to 25km.
If you have done this mountain biking event before, you will know that The Cool Ideas Cradle Mountain Trophy promises a fantastic offering of single track, plus some challenging off-road and, of course, some good technical aspects. But do remember that we call this the “Mountain Trophy” for good reason. It is not all flat. We will be making good use of tracks and trails which have previously been used for private events.
If you are training for Joburg2C, The Great Kei Trek, or Sani, then this must be an event that’s on your training schedule.
MOUNTAIN BIKE OPTIONS
Riders will have the option of competing in four different events, namely:
- The Cradle Mountain Trophy – 75km on Saturday the 4th and 45km on Sunday the 5th of April –
- Stage 1: 75km of exhilarating riding, beautiful views, a few hills and much, much more
- Stage 2: 45km of even more unbelievable riding.
- The Cradle Mountain Challenge – 75km on Saturday the 4th
- The Cradle Mountain Adventure – 45km on Sunday the 5th
- The Mini Cradle Mountain Adventure – 25km on Sunday the 5th (New Junior < 19 category included.)
Entries will close on the Monday the 25th of March. No late entries will be accepted.
Entries are now open - CLICK HERE to enter
The event will be a SA Seeding event, and riders will be seeded according to their SA Seeding Index.
WHAT’S INCLUDED IN YOUR ENTRY FEE?
- Long Sleeve T-Shirt for first 200 MTB entrants. (PLEASE NOTE: All riders are asked for their shirt size. Only the first 200 paid entrants will receive a Cool Ideas Cradle Mountain Trophy Long Sleeve T)
- Absolutely unbelievable riding – great single track, good, tough technical challenges and stunning scenery. Be Warned - Day 1 (75km) is tough and challenging.
- This race is a must if you are planning to do Joburg2C, Sani or our bespoke Leverage Corporation event called The Great Kei Trek taking place in the Eastern Cape at the end of April 2020
- A professionally planned and managed route.
- Goodie Bag.
- There will be food vendors at Maropeng for Saturday and Sunday as well as Craft beer on tap and more.
- Showers at the finish.
- Good TLC all along the way.
- The Legendary Bridgestone Bike Wash.
- Secure overnight storage for your bike.
- Technical support on the way.
- Lucky draw prizes and race medal.
- One of the best and most enjoyable warmups you're going to get – tick 120km off that training schedule.
Rider registration and number collection will take place on Wednesday the 1st of April 2020 from 12.00 to 17.00. Venue to be confirmed.